The eighth annual food and drink festival will take place from Friday 4 to Sunday 6 September 2020.
The festival application process is managed in two stages.
Stage one: creating an account
New traders: The first stage is to create an account and have your account reviewed to be accepted onto our database. If your product or service does not meet the exhibitor selection criteria, you will be notified by our festival team.
Existing traders: If you are an existing trader on our database, a new account is not required.
Stage two: festival booking process
When the booking process opens, all traders on the database will receive an email to apply for the festival.
We are currently making changes to the online booking process. We expect this to open at the beginning of March 2020.
Trader selection criteria
Trader stalls are not offered on a first come, first served basis and are subject to the festival criteria. Trader selection will be assessed on:
- locality to Woking and Surrey
- quality and provenance of product(s) and service(s)
- supply and use of non plastic and sustainable packaging
- offer of two sized food portions – regular size portion (up to £5 per portion) and a larger size portion (up to £7.50 per portion)
- offer of free customer samples
- provision of requested information, details and documentation.
Applications from local producers and businesses (located within a 15-mile radius of the festival) will be prioritised at the beginning of the application process and where there are multiple subscriptions from similar traders.
Previous attendance at the festival does not guarantee repeat bookings and an ongoing presence at the event.
We reserve the right to limit trading stalls per product type, sponsorship arrangements, distance from the festival and other governing factors.
About the festival
Woking Food and Drink Festival has experienced phenomenal growth year on year since it was founded in 2013. Now in its eighth year, our headline statistics include:
- Visitor numbers per year in excess of 100,000 people.
- Incremental increase of visitor satisfaction ratings. In 2019, 90% rated the festival as 'excellent' or 'good' and 85% stated they would return to the festival in 2020.
- Increased repeat customer visits. Over a third of visitors surveyed said they attend on two or more days of the festival.
- Voted ‘Best Local Food Event’ in Surrey 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the readers of Surrey Life and 'Food Hero 2018' award by judges of Surrey Life Food and Drink Awards.
- Town centre location served by excellent rail, bus and road networks and large pay on exit car parks.
- A consistent line up of popular celebrity, Michelin star and local chefs.
Staying true to our founding principles, the event showcases high quality artisan food and drink producers, retailers, restaurants, specialist professionals and talented chefs from around the Borough, Surrey and the wider surrounds.
Working with local partners, we also offer educational, immersive and cultural opportunities for our visitors.