The Woking Food and Drink Festival is organised by Woking Borough Council as part of its annual Celebrate Woking programme of events.
Woking Food and Drink Festival has experienced phenomenal growth year on year since it was founded in 2013. Now in its eighth year, our headline statistics include:
- Visitor numbers per year in excess of 100,000 people.
- Incremental increase of visitor satisfaction ratings. In 2019, 90% rated the festival as 'excellent' or 'good' and 85% stated they would return to the festival in 2020.
- Increased repeat customer visits. Over a third of visitors surveyed said they attend on two or more days of the festival.
- Voted ‘Best Local Food Event’ in Surrey 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the readers of Surrey Life and 'Food Hero 2018' award by judges of Surrey Life Food and Drink Awards.
- Town centre location served by excellent rail, bus and road networks and large pay on exit car parks.
- A consistent line up of popular celebrity, Michelin star and local chefs.
Staying true to our founding principles, the event showcases high quality artisan food and drink producers, retailers, restaurants, specialist professionals and talented chefs from around the Borough, Surrey and the wider surrounds.
Working with local partners, we also offer educational, immersive and cultural opportunities for our visitors.
Festival Manager - Riëtte Thomas
Since its inception in 2011, Riëtte has managed Woking Borough Council’s Celebrate Woking cultural programme. She enjoys working with key partners, local businesses and community groups to deliver exciting content for the programme, which incorporates the Borough’s leading free events – Party in the Park and Woking Food and Drink Festival.
Over the last couple of years, Celebrate Woking events have attracted nearly 200,000 visitors per annum from inside and outside the Borough. Riëtte works hard to ensure that opportunities at these events remains relevant to Woking.
Marketing - Kate Mair
Senior Marketing Communications Officer at Woking Borough Council, Kate is an award-winning and creative communications professional with B2B and B2C experience in both the public and private sectors. She has successfully led the communications and festival content, as well as taking an active role in sourcing local stallholders, since the festival began in 2013.
Town Centre Management - Woking Shopping
The festival is delivered in partnership with Woking Shopping, which manages the town's centrally located shopping centres and public realm. It is responsible for ensuring that the Festival dove-tails with the shopping centres' activities and provides operational guidance and support.