Award-winning festival launches new online trader application system
14 March 2018
The trader application process for the triple award-winning ‘Best Local Food Event’ in Surrey, Woking Food and Drink Festival, is now open. For the sixth consecutive year, the free-to-attend festival will be hosted in Woking town centre from Friday 31 August to Sunday 2 September 2018 inclusive.
The festival event management team is inviting interested local and regional traders and producers to apply online via the festival’s new, interactive online booking system, which is available on the website.
The new online booking system provides a secure area for traders to log in and allow them to undertake the following tasks:
- select desired stall space on an interactive map
- specify utility and event furniture requirements
- submit company, product and media information for festival marketing materials
- upload and submit event documentation
- pay online (via Woking Borough Council’s secure online payment portal)
- stay up-to-date with the status of their booking
- receive notifications from the event manager.
Speaking about the established event, Cllr Mark Pengelly, Portfolio Holder for Cultural and Community Development at Woking Borough Council, said: “The Woking Food and Drink Festival remains true to its founding principles. Firstly, to showcase high-quality artisan food and drink producers, retailers, restaurants, specialist professionals and talented chefs from around the Borough, Surrey and the wider surrounds. And, secondly, to provide educational, immersive and cultural opportunities for the thousands of visitors, from food enthusiasts to general visitors alike.
“This is why the event maintains a free-to-attend visitor policy to ensure accessibility and inclusivity for all, and it also continues to offer a local trader discount and priority booking.
“Over the last couple of years, trader applications have exceeded the spaces available. So, if you’re an interested Woking or local trader and producer, make sure you submit your application quickly to avoid disappointment at this highly successful and award-winning event!”
Trader stalls include a three metre by three metre white gazebo with four detachable sides and protective floor covering. Utilities and event furniture can be provided as requested and will be subject to additional charges.
The festival will operate on Friday and Saturday between 9.30am and 6pm, and Sunday between 10am and 5.30pm, and all successful traders are required to trade across all three days of the event.
In its sixth year, Woking Food and Drink Festival has experienced phenomenal growth year-on-year since it was founded in 2013. Its headline achievements and attractions include:
- Voted ‘Best Local Food Event’ in Surrey 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the readers of Surrey Life magazine.
- Incremental visitor numbers per year with in excess of 100,000 people in attendance in 2017 and 2016.
- A popular line up of popular celebrity and Michelin star chefs.
- 80 trader spaces available within the festival footprint, hosted in a pedestrianised town centre and served by excellent rail, bus and road networks.
- A programme of interactive activities for adults and children.
Woking Food and Drink Festival is delivered in partnership with Woking Shopping and sponsored by Tante Marie Culinary Academy and Celebrate Woking.