The trader application process for Woking Food and Drink Festival will open in January 2019.
If you would like to hear about trader opportunities at Woking Food and Drink Festival 2019, please opt in to our mailing list below.
About the festival
Woking Food and Drink Festival has experienced phenomenal growth year on year since it was founded in 2013. Its headline statistics include:
- Voted ‘Best Local Food Event’ in Surrey 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the readers of Surrey Life magazine, winner of the judges' choice award 'Surrey Food and Drink Hero 2018'.
- Incremental visitor numbers per year with in excess of 100,000 people in attendance in 2018, 2017 and 2016.
- A consistent line up of popular celebrity and Michelin star chefs.
- Over 80 trader spaces available within the festival footprint, hosted in a pedestrianised town centre which is served by excellent rail, bus and road networks.
Staying true to our founding principles, the event showcases high-quality artisan food and drink producers, retailers, restaurants, specialist professionals and talented chefs from around the Borough, Surrey and the wider surrounds. As well as providing educational, immersive and cultural opportunities for our thousands of visitors, from food enthusiasts to general visitors a like.
This is why we’ve maintained our free-to-attend visitor policy to ensure accessibility and inclusivity for all, as well as adopting a local trader discount of 20% per stall* and priority consideration for traders located within a 20-mile radius of the town centre.
(*Stall price only. The discount does not apply to sundry items, including utilities and event furniture.)
Interactive trader map
As a result of listening to trader feedback, we’ve developed a bespoke online booking system which provides a secure area for traders to log in and undertake the following tasks:
- select desired stall space on an interactive map
- select utility and event furniture requirements
- submit company, product and media information for festival marketing materials
- upload and submit event documentation
- pay online
- keep up to date with the status of their booking
- receive notifications from the event manager.
Trader stalls are not offered on a first come, first served basis, neither does previous attendance ensure an ongoing presence. Trader selection will be assessed on:
- locality to Woking
- type and suitability of product(s) or service(s)
- quality of the product(s) or service(s), including awards and other professional accolades
- provision of requested information, details and documentation.
Applications from local producers and businesses will be prioritised where there are multiple subscriptions from similar traders.
We reserve the right to limit trading stalls per product type, sponsorship arrangements, distance from the festival and other governing factors.